- Sit comfortably either on the floor or in a chair with your head and back straight.
- Begin with a few deep, cleansing breaths.
- Close your eyes and slowly breathe, at your own rhythm, through your nose.
- Aim to focus all your thoughts on your breath — the inhale, the exhale, the sensation, the sound. Don't fret if your mind begins to wander; that's natural for beginners. Just keep bringing your attention back to your breathing.
- Start with a 5 to 10 minute daily meditation, then work up to 15 to 20 minutes or more.