Aug 6, 2009

I Have Fallen In Love with the same Woman Three Times (video)

I have fallen in love/With the same woman three times
In a day spanning nineteen years/Of tearful joys and joyful tears.

I loved her first when she was young/Enchanting and vibrant, eternally new
She was brilliant, fragrant and cool/As the morning dew.

I fell in love with her the second time/When first she bore her child and mine
Always by my side, the source of my strength/Helping to turn the tide.

But there were candles to burn/The world was my concern
While our home was her domain/And the people were mine
While the children were hers to maintain.

So it was in those eighteen years and a day/Till I was detained
Forced in prison to stay.

Suddenly she’s our sole support/Source of comfort
Our wellspring of hope/On her shoulders fell the burden of life.

I fell in love again/With the same woman the third time
Looming from the battle/Her courage will never fade.

Amidst the hardships she has remained/Undaunted and unafraid
She is calm, composed/She is God’s lovely maid.

A long been hidden expression of love now revealed for the entire public to know how the late mother of democracy, President Cory Aquino has been truly loved and cared for.

Things I Heart . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates