Mar 30, 2010

I got Yahoo.com set as my homepage when my browser starts. This is where I get my daily doze of both local and international news and buzzes about the things that's going on around.

Well, this morning Yahoo music blog has Latino pop icon Ricky Martin and the said dauntless confession he did to his official website about his real gender.

I'm no big fan of his but who would not notice the music he became so popular with while hitting the charts. I hear livin' la vida loca being played everywhere before. I've seen on videos how his fans cried out for him during his performances and I've seen most especially how he inspired young girls- that include some of our neighbors. So to me reading that news was still kind of surprising.

I admire how he came out in the open and valiantly wrote these lines:
"To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids where [sic] born with. Enough is enough. This has to change. This was not supposed to happen 5 or 10 years ago, it is supposed to happen now. Today is my day, this is my time, and this is my moment."

Read full story here.

Things I Heart . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates